Relay Races are like Circuit Races, except the racers race in teams. There are 4 teams, each with 3 racers (2 teams of 2 on the PlayStation 2) and for each lap, a different racer from each team takes over. The player must bump into their next teammate in order to maintain the same speed, or else their speed will drop to zero. They must place in the top 3 to win a trophy.
|Relay Race 1||Santa Carburera|
|Relay Race 2||Motoropolis|
- Since there are only 2 teams, the PlayStation 2 version of the game has a glitch in which the player is guaranteed to win.
- Cars: Mater-National Championships also has Relay Races, but there are some differences between them and the ones in Cars: Race-O-Rama.
- Relay Races in Mater-National have 3 teams.
- Players can choose all 3 of their team members in Mater-National, but in Race-O-Rama, they can only choose their first.
- The race results in Race-O-Rama only show the last car from each team while those in Mater-National show the entire team.
|Circuit Races | Relay Races | Guido Kart | Cars Toons | Mini Games | Missions | Rust Bucket Derby | Monster Truck Races|